Renault tractor models

Random chat, off-topic, the kind of stuff you might chat about over a brew.
JR27
Site Admin

Renault tractor models

Post by JR27 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:13 pm

Was thinking of setting up a separate wee area dedicated to models of Renault tractors. My brother and I each had a Brittain's Renault model when younger but guess model companies mainly focused on other marques/colours. Did other companies make model Renault tractors too? Wonder how many models Brittains made?

Anyway, if there's any interest, I'll make a wee sub-category for models.
Renault Ares 540RX

Gav

Re: Renault tractor models

Post by Gav » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:06 pm

Here's my collection of Renault tractor models, some Britains, some Siku, some Universal Hobbies and one from Joal

I also have a fair collection of Claas models :D

JR27
Site Admin

Re: Renault tractor models

Post by JR27 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:36 pm

Bloody hell :o That's quite some collection :)

Are the Renault ones all bought in the UK?

I see you've got a few different brands, how does the quality compare? I had always thought that Brittains were great ,until someone gave me a Ford with the electric motor in it. It just seemed plasticky and gimmicky. Wasn't a big fan. I'll have to look out some of the other stuff I've got. Seeing yours reminded me that I had a few implements; some a bit random like a round bale collector.

I also had a brilliant John Deere. Was a bigger scale than the usual Brittains. Don't even remember what model but one with the curved windscreen where one half was the door (if you know what I mean :oops: ). I must have it hidden away somewhere but the quality was excellent.

I can never get over the effort and care that must go into making one of these... :geek:
Renault Ares 540RX