Ceres Brake Binding

Want to share, ask, moan or just tell the world about something to do with your Renault tractor? Well, you can do that here if you want.
Sparks

Ceres Brake Binding

Post by Sparks » Tue May 31, 2016 10:40 am

Hi

I've got a problem with the brakes on my Ceres 95x - the brakes self-engage going downhill, sufficiently to stop the tractor on a 1:4, they engage within about 1 wheel revolution after turning downhill and go off as quickly once tractor is level. Transmission oil and filters have been changed, old oil & filters not particularly dirty, there is no problem on reasonably level ground or going uphill, also goes uphill in reverse ok. I've backed off brake adjusters beyond recommended setting (both foot & hand) this only makes the binding slightly less aggressive. One other problem which may be linked is the link arms "stick" i.e. they won't always lower, even with a ton+ of machine on, unless they're raised slightly first, feels like a sticking valve or similar.

Thanks in advance for any comments.

JR27
Site Admin

Re: Ceres Brake Binding

Post by JR27 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:47 pm

Sorry for asking the obvious question but have you checked all the levels (as only happens going downhill)?!
Renault Ares 540RX

JR27
Site Admin

Re: Ceres Brake Binding

Post by JR27 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:48 pm

Oh, and welcome to the forum by the way! :)
Renault Ares 540RX