Renault & Claas day Sat 8th Oct - Devon

Want to share, ask, moan or just tell the world about something to do with your Renault tractor? Well, you can do that here if you want.
wonford

Renault & Claas day Sat 8th Oct - Devon

Post by wonford » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:51 am

Dear fellow Renault enthusiasts!

I hope you don't mind me coming on here essentially advertising :oops: , but wanted to at least make you aware of our planned event & be able to answer any questions.

And yes, we are still keen for you to bring your tractors!! (And cars...!) :lol:

Saturday 8th October, Down farm, Newton St. Petrock, EX38 8LS

The largest display of Renault Tractors in England

Continuing the heritage of these tractors, latter Claas machines will also be present with new machines displayed & demonstrated by local dealer Hamblys Ltd. A variety of Claas harvesting machines will also be displayed.

Celebrating the diamond brand, we are showcasing all Renault products from cars to commercial vehicles. We are delighted to welcome the Renault Owners Club of Great Britain and brought up to date by County Renault, North Devon’s local franchised dealer.

There is an emphasis on working machines, tractors doing what they are intended to do as well as a selection of static tractors and implements on display. All of the exhibits will take part in a parade in the afternoon, with guest speakers sharing their knowledge, expertise & memories.

Thank you!

James

JR27
Site Admin

Re: Renault & Claas day Sat 8th Oct - Devon

Post by JR27 » Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:05 pm

Hi James, welcome to the forum here :)

No, of course there's no problem with 'advertising' the event. I read about it in Classic Tractor, I think, I'd intended posting about it here too.

Sounds like it should be a good day and great to team up with the Renault Owners club and get cars along too!

I have prior plans for that date, though I'm hoping to change them so I could attend. It would be good to meet with fellow Renault enthusiasts and a good opportunity to publicise this website too! We're slowly building members but so far, people tend to just visit briefly to ask a specific question and then disappear, we haven't really formed a community as such. But it would be great to get a chance to encourage other Renault tractor owners to sign up and share knowledge.

Anyway, hope the event goes well! Is there a website for it with more details, will the older tractors be 'working' too or just demonstrating the newer ones?
Renault Ares 540RX

wonford

Post by wonford » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:48 am

Thank you JR!

Yes, many older working machines will be working too, there is a myth that puts people off because they think they aren't good enough but that is a chronic shame - no-one cares what your ploughing looks like, we all just want to see your tractor cuffing! If all goes well, I'm ploughing with a 75-12 LS! We have a dedicated class for non-competitive ploughing, drop & drive, let the smoke pour!

We do have a Facebook page, search for Bradworthy Ploughing, as you say about this forum many visit it but it would be lovely if more people shared us pictures & stories of their tractors, especially as we get closer to the event now. There are alot of people that I have spoken to with, many ex dealer staff particularly, that enjoy telling their stories of their 'Renault era', I'm sure it will be a fabulous day for sharing tales & knowledge sharing. With that, I must say there is a definite air of pride with those people, most have a huge respect for the brand & their time with them.

James

JR27
Site Admin

Post by JR27 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:40 pm

Hi James,

That sounds great, people enjoying seeing the tractors working and not getting all anal about furrow straightness!

Nice to hear the positive stories of those who worked from the brand, would be lovely to see some of them shared here too!

Hope you get lots of photos of the event and are happy to share them here? Would be great to see!

Maybe I'll start a thread for 'tractor pic of the day' where we can all share what we're doing with/working on our tractors...

Neil
Renault Ares 540RX

wonford

Post by wonford » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:24 pm

I've yet to find a 1181! :cry: Has anyone got one they can bring?!

JR27
Site Admin

Post by JR27 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:29 pm

Thought there'd be quite a few of them around? Did you get one in the end? Hope the day was a success, disappointed I wasn't able to make it.
Renault Ares 540RX

wonford

Post by wonford » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:16 pm

There's nothing like a quick response! sorry. :oops: Yea, we had a lovely day, yes, shame you couldn't make it as well, lots of people said that it is a shame no owners club for Renault, but I believe if they all got together on here would be the next best thing! I reckon you need a range of merchandise, have you ever considered? There were a few examples of Renault clothing wandering around the field at our event, from overalls to jackets, all looked cool!! No 1181's I'm afraid, I'm still yet to see one so if anyone has one in the South West, I'd like to see it still!! We had a pair of 651-4's and a 851-4 to represent Renault in the 70's at our event in the older orange colour. January's Classic Tractor will be a good read!!

I did get to the Newark Vintage Tractor Show last weekend, with absolutely no Renaults there at all! I think that it is time for Renaults to get out there & be seen!

wonford

Post by wonford » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:21 pm

Seriously, if JR27 added a section to this forum regarding shows & events, such as Tractor World & Newark Vintage Show, that you, as forum users & Renault owners would start to make sure that Renault get represented?

JR27
Site Admin

Post by JR27 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:16 pm

Hi James,

Good to hear that it was a successful day, would be great to see some pics!

Yep, I've always hoped that this forum would grow to a point where it evolved into an owner's club of sorts. Attracting members has proved difficult, however, and we're yet to reach some kind of tipping point where there are enough members on regularly to give reasonably prompt responses (another poor response time from me here :D ) to people who sign up and ask a quick question. I've tried to make people aware of its existence but have mostly met with derision when trying to promote via popular agricultural forums! I'd appreciate word of mouth recommendations where possible though! I'm just an owner myself and so am unable to answer lots of technical questions and am extremely grateful to IrishManJohn, who has almost single-handedly dealt with technical queries.

I have considered merchandise options but things are interesting with regards to ownership of Renault Agriculture legacy documents and rights/trademarks, with an enthusiast club (in France) apparently owning all legacy material and being unwilling to share (I've been in contact with Renault and Claas direct). However, I will look into producing fliers for the forum again, which could be sent to marts etc. and events that are occuring to hopefully drive people here. Combined with your idea of an events section, this could hopefully increase exposure? Other option I was considering was window stickers for tractor rear windows to advertise the forum?

I was contacted a couple of years ago by the Classic Tractor editor, who appeared keen to run an article but didn't respond to any of my mails back to him - oh well.

Anyway, please pass on details of the forum to any Renault tractor owners you encounter and I'll look into promotional opportunities again. Any suggestions for increasing reach or forum topics that may encourage more frequent posting are always well received, so if you've got any ideas, pleas let me know :)

Cheers,

Neil
Renault Ares 540RX