Renault ceres 345x hydraulic problem HELP!!!

Want to share, ask, moan or just tell the world about something to do with your Renault tractor? Well, you can do that here if you want.
Holty

Renault ceres 345x hydraulic problem HELP!!!

Post by Holty » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:37 pm

My hydraulics on Renault ceres 345x 2003 are giving me trouble dropping when tractor isn't running and when it is running they are always correcting (jumping up) I have taken the valve off under the seat and cleaned it that was the advice I got it worked for about 2 weeks but then started to do it again so I have cleaned the valve again and it made no diffrence this time don't know where to turn next please help me many thanks David

JR27
Site Admin

Re: Renault ceres 345x hydraulic problem HELP!!!

Post by JR27 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:34 pm

Hi David and welcome to the forum :)

It sounds like either the valve is faulty or not very well sealed. If it worked for a bit after cleaning the first time but not the second, it may be that a bit of debris slipped in when refitting ans so it's not sealing properly? Otherwise, it sounds as though you may need a new valve. I was thinking the jumping may have been a faulty position sensor but the dropping when off suggests the valve, I'm afraid.

Let us know how you get on.
Renault Ares 540RX

Holty

Post by Holty » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:08 am

I spoke to an old Renault dealer and he said it could be the seals in the lift cylinder in the top cover does that sound likely many thanks david

JR27
Site Admin

Post by JR27 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:01 pm

Sounds possible, yes. Bit of a coincidence that cleaning the other valve sorted it previously though? But worth a look, definitely.
Renault Ares 540RX

Irish man John

Post by Irish man John » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:40 pm

JR27 wrote:Sounds possible, yes. Bit of a coincidence that cleaning the other valve sorted it previously though? But worth a look, definitely.
It's possibly the ram cylinder seals that need to be replace at a cost of £30 roughly,